Day 3 - Item 7

From YA author Gae Polisner: copy of The Pull of Gravity* plus al whole lot of awesome swag (see photo. See? Trolls!) plus query critique and first 30-page critique**

While Nick Gardner’s family is falling apart, his best friend, the Scoot, is dying from a freak disease. Enter Jaycee Amato, a quirky girl with Siberian-husky eyes and an odd affinity for Of Mice and Men. She’s made a seemingly-impossible promise to the Scoot, and wants Nick’s help to keep it. Armed only with the wisdom of Yoda, the beauty of Steinbeck, and the vaguest of plans, Nick and Jaycee set off on a secret, whirlwind journey to find the father the Scoot has never known. When everything goes awry, will the pull of gravity be enough to keep them together?

* Either a marked-up ARC or a signed copy, depending on what Gae receives from her publisher
** Gae will be unable to do the query critique and first 30-page critique until after her book launch and BEA week in June 2011. If the winning bidder prefers, they can choose a query critique only, to be done before June (but in this case Gae will not do the first 30-page critique)

International

Bidding is open until March 26th, 3PM EDT.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

24 comments:

Michelle Merrill said...

I'll start the bid at 10$

erica and christy said...

$20 (which is ridiculously low, but I want to get it started)

btw - Gae helped me tweak my query last summer and I got a partial request from the very first one I sent out (and a few after that).
Erica Olson

Unknown said...

$30. I am not sure what I will have available to critique by June, but I want the book and I want to help. :)

Megan Bostic said...

$35

Unknown said...

$50

Sarah Ahiers said...

$55

GhostFolk.com said...

You're signing the soon-to-be-award winning PULL OF GRAVITY, ain't you, sweets?

$75.00

GhostFolk.com said...

Yup, teach me to read the small print.

Kari Marie said...

$90

Lori said...

just sayin.' this is going to be worth every penny. I know from experience that Gae has the heart to go with her talent.

Unknown said...

$100

gae polisner said...

I will do the query revision for the TWO highest bidders.

xo Gae

gae polisner said...

(just to clarify, EACH of the two top bidders will get a query revision; the REST of the prize package will ONLY got to TOP bidder!) :)

Unknown said...

$110 from Leah

Unknown said...

$150

Unknown said...

$160 from Leah

Kandice said...

$175 from Kandice

Marieke said...

Bidding's closed! Kandice, congratulations! Please mail me for further specs.

Leah, can you mail me too?

gae polisner said...

as per my post above, Leah may also have a query revision. And since epic rat bid so high, please give her my email as well and, if she doesn't mind waiting until after my release, I will do one for her too.

Thanks for the bids. Thanks for all your hard work, Marieke. xo Gae

gae polisner said...

Kandice, thank you for the high bid! Look forward to doing your query revision and reading your first 30-pages!

xo Gae

gae polisner said...

(sorry, me again, since I'm offering the query revisions for Leah and Epic Rat just for bidding, I hope you might go bid on some other items!)

xo again,

Gae

Marieke said...

Gae, you rock <3

Epic Rat, if you want, pop me a mail too? :)

Kandice said...

Gae-

Thanks so much! I'm really excited. I will wait until June to send you my query and first 30 pages. It will give me time to polish. Again, thank you.

gae polisner said...

Kandice, yay! Summer and your stuff. Looking way forward to both. :)

xo gae

Post a Comment