Day 4 - Item 7

From author Maria V. Snyder: a set of signed and personalized Insider books (Inside Out and Outside In) and a signed copy of After Hours: Tales from the Ur-Bar, featuring Maria's Sake and Other Spirits, a short story set in Feudal Japan.

Keep Your Head Down. Don't Get Noticed. Or Else.

I'm Trella. I'm a scrub. One of thousands who work in the lower levels, keeping Inside clean for the Uppers. I do my job and try to avoid the Pop Cops. The Trava family who rules our world from their spacious Upper levels wants us to be docile and obedient, like sheep. To insure we behave, they send the Pop Cops to police us.

So what if I occasionally use the pipes to sneak around the Upper levels? Not like it's all that dangerous--the only neck at risk is my own.

Until a lower level prophet claims a Gateway to Outside exists. And guess who he wants to steal into the Upper levels to get the proof? You’re right. Me. I alone know every single duct, pipe, corridor, shortcut, hole and ladder of Inside. It’s suicide plain and simple. But guess who can’t let a challenge like that go unanswered? Right again. Me.


I should have just said no...


US/Canada

Bidding is open until March 27th, 3PM EDT.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

8 comments:

Michelle Merrill said...

25$

Unknown said...

$50

Necie M. said...

$55

Unknown said...

$60!

Necie M. said...

$65

Unknown said...

$70

Marieke said...

Bidding on this item is closed! Topee3, congrats! You know the drill ;-)

Unknown said...

Yay!!! on it! :)

Post a Comment