From freelance editor Allison Dickson: a full line edit up to 85K words (normally valued at around $1000!).
Aside from running Allison Edits, Allison M. Dickson spends her leisure time writing dark speculative fiction stories, publishing blogs, and burying her head in books. Her work has appeared in e-zines The Absent Willow Review and Reflection's Edge, as well as in the horror anthology The Black Garden. She has also published film reviews and is a die-hard, foodie, gamer, politico, and overall pop culture fanatic.
Allison lives in Dayton, Ohio with her husband Ken, her two children, Natalie and Elias, and a sweet little bobcat named Angus.
You can learn more about her past, current, and future work, her thoughts on the craft of writing and everything else at her author site.
Line Editing involves a far more substantial evaluation of your story and it is the most popular of the Allison Edits services offered. Line Editing evaluates the message and the flow of your writing and ensures the proper tone for your audience. A line edit not only checks for what you say, but how you say it and to whom. It also includes all of the proofreading and formatting services. (Have a look on the website for details.)
- Tightens your prose by eliminating unnecessary modifiers, redundancies, cliches, and awkward sentence structure and dialogue
- Eliminates stylistic issues like passive voice
- Helps match your document's intent to its audience (i.e. reading and maturity level, proper, persuasive, or evocative vocabulary, etc.)
- Looks for clarity among your metaphors and similes
- Makes suggestions for the rearranging of sentences to maintain a consistent flow of thought
- Makes smooth transitions between ideas
- Uses knowledge of literary devices and other elements of storytelling to ensure the authenticity, believability, and consistency of plot, story, and character
- Alerts you to a need for fact-checking or additional research
Bidding is open until April 1st, 12PM EDT